ADSM-L

Enterprise Administration - Configuration Manager

1999-04-15 00:27:43
Subject: Enterprise Administration - Configuration Manager
From: Greg Downes <greg.downes AT CENTRELINK.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:27:43 +1000
We have 50 ADSM Servers and I have been looking at using Enterprise
configuration to distribute and centralize all our Administartive schedules
among other things.

Now the Admin Manual states that for Administative command schedules

When the configuration manager distributes schedules,the schedules are not
active on the managed server. An administrator on the managed server must
activate any managed schedules to have them run on a managed server.

A configuration refresh does not replace or remove tay local schedules that
are active on a managed server. However, a refresh can update an active
schedule  that is already managed by a configuration manager.

When I subscribe to my profile the command schedules are added marked as
inactive and the last updated field is set to $$CONFIG_MANAGER$$.  All is
OK at this point.  Now if I make the schedules active the last updated
field is set to my userid.  If I then refresh the configuration it fails on
each schedule with the following

     ANR3354W Locally defined administrative schedule XXXX is active and
cannot be replaced with a
                       definition from the configuration manager.

I believe that for the refresh to consider the schedule as managed by a
configuration manager the last updated by field must be set to
$$CONFIG_MANAGER$$.

Does anybody know how I can mark an admin schedule as active and leave the
last updated by field intact.?
Or is this a bug? Or is the doco wrong?  Or any ideas?

Greg Downes
Centrelink
Australia