ADSM-L

Re: ADSM API and DB2 backups

1999-04-14 07:06:43
Subject: Re: ADSM API and DB2 backups
From: "T. Schnee." <trs AT BINC DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 06:06:43 -0500
Michael,
    I'm getting the same error messages - syntax at least, the numbers are
different - when using UDB to an AIX server.  We have determined that the UDB
User who is executing the command can not access the password file when
installed per the instructions ie.. PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE is set.  We have
got it working 3 times, but have had extreme inconsistency as what we have done

to get it to work.  The last work around that worked was to run the damapipw
command to set the password, change your DSM_DIR=/etc/security/adsm, change
permissions on the directories to allow access by the UDB User, and turn off
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE in you dsm.sys file.
    If any one has had similiar problems please respond.  Support although
helpful, have not been able to figure out why it's not working.
Thanks,

--
Regards,
Regards,

Todd Schneeberger <trs AT berbee DOT com>
Berbee Information Networks Corp.
N14 W23833 Stoneridge Drive
Stoneridge III Suite 170
Waukesha, WI  53188
414-523-5800 ext. 2200 FAX: 414-523-5803