ADSM-L

Exchange Connect Agent 1.1.00B

1999-04-13 12:49:47
Subject: Exchange Connect Agent 1.1.00B
From: "Norrgard, Nathan" <NNorrgard AT LIBERTY-BANK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 12:49:47 -0400
I applied the new version of the Agent to my Exchange Server and noticed the
following problems:

I had Circular Logging disabled to support incremental backups.  I observed
that the INCR backups were ALL 32MB.  I thought this was strange.  After
digging a little, I noticed that the Agent was not deleting the backed up
transaction logs.

I then noticed that it had created two NEW filespaces on the ADSM server.  I
deleted all the filespaces, then performed a FULL backup of the IS and DIR
to create new filespaces.  This worked.  I have not however performed an
INCR backup since - I had turned Circular Logging on to prevent my disks
from filling.

I assume that the second issue is a result of the first.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Nathan J. Norrgard
PC Systems Administrator
Liberty Bank