ADSM-L

BACKUP STGPOOL

1999-04-10 07:58:56
Subject: BACKUP STGPOOL
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 12:58:56 +0100
Hi ADSM'ers,

I have recently created a copy storagepool and am now
setting up some procedures for our operating staff.
I have two problems which I hope to solve with your assistance.

1) How can I present a list of required input tapes to our operators?
BACKUP STGPOOL PRIMTAPE COPYPOOL PREVIEW=VOLUMESONLY
does not help because ADSM starts a background process and writes the
results into the activity log. Do I have to filter the messages from the
log or
is there another way to write the info directly to a file?

2) If an input tape has VOLUME STATUS "FULL" then ADSM requests this
volume as read only. If the VOLUME STATUS is "FILLING" then it is
requested
as read/write. This can cause some confusion. Is there a way to always
request
input volumes as read only?

Our environment: ADSM/VM 2.1.19

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards