ADSM-L

Re: Performance on Solaris E10K

1999-04-09 01:39:35
Subject: Re: Performance on Solaris E10K
From: James Riehl <jimbo AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 22:39:35 -0700
I have worked with customers that are getting 120 G/hr going directly to 6
3590 tape drives using 6 parallel backint sessions on a 10k in an 8 cpu
(250mhz) domain ( ADSM server, backint, and Oracle all in the same domain).
The key is avoiding  I/O contention,  each backint session works on a
separate set of table spaces laid out on separate disks with a separate set
of resource on the server as it's target.  Restore same environment
105G/hr.

Disclaimer(I like my job): A reasonable amount of effort went into the up
front design of the database lay out with backup performance as a primary
goal, your mileage may vary.

Over the last year the E10k has become very popular and we have several
ADSM E10k customers that are very happy with performance all around. We now
have one in our lab, so feel free to email direct if you need specifics.

Thanks...Jim Riehl
Tivoli-ADSM Sun Server Development

Roger Hohmann <Roger_Hohmann AT WESTLB DOT DE> on 04/08/99 03:30:53 AM