ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:44:48
1. Check your syntax.
2. You don't need id and password in the script to access client
information.
    Try using the following command in your script:
      q arc "*"   <= you need the " before and after the *
      -or-
      q arc /filesystem_name_u_archived

Hope that helps.

Angel Bugarin
Sprint/Hawaii

   -----Original Message-----
   From:       craigm [SMTP:craigm AT NZ1.IBM DOT COM]
   Sent:       Thursday, April 08, 1999 1:08 PM
   To:         ADSM-L
   Cc:         craigm
   Subject:    Unix scripts and dsmc

   Hello

   ADSM Server V2.1.5.18
   Client 2.1.0.2

   I'm trying to create a script using dsmc like the many I have using
   dsmadmc
   but it doesn't work.
   eg.
   dsmadmc -id=bla -password=bla 'q db'  - works fine

   If I try to do similar with dsmc .
   eg
   dsmc -node=bla -password=bla 'q archive * ' - does not look at the
   command.
   I just get the dsmc> prompt.

   I can pipe the command into dsmc
   eg
   echo 'q archive * ' | dsmc -node=bla etc
   but if I get to complicated with the command it doesn't like it - and
   its a
   pretty ugly way of doing it anyway.

   Surely there must be a simple way of doing this that works. Any
   advise out
   there.

   Thanks

   Craig