ADSM-L

EXABYTE'S MAMMOTH DRIVES

1999-04-08 16:08:48
Subject: EXABYTE'S MAMMOTH DRIVES
From: Tahir Mahmood <tmahmood AT VANSEL.ALCATEL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 16:08:48 -0400
Hi,

We use ADSM Server V2R1 for OS/2 (.15/.15 serv level) supporting Dev
Module 2 .I just upgraded our Exabyte library (210R) from 8505 drives to
Mammoth 8900 drives. I defined the drives in ADSM as :

UPDate DEVclass autoclass FORMAT=8900 etc etc..

This reports an estimated capacity of 23GB (which I assume is without
compression) I have set the ADSM server to force compression so should I
be expecting an actual storage capacity of around 40GB ?

Or do I need to specify another FORMAT= parameter ?

Thanks,

Tahir Mahmood
Sr Network Analyst
Alcatel.