ADSM-L

Re: Y2K with adsm

1999-04-05 18:02:09
Subject: Re: Y2K with adsm
From: Dennis Schaffer <Dennis.Schaffer AT MUTUALOFOMAHA DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 17:02:09 -0500
Andy,

I tested a V2.1.0.6 Win NT client with a couple of different levels of V3 NT
server and found that the ADSM server is the major factor in Y2K compatibility.
Server V3.1.1.3 had problems with Y2K leap year processing that was fixed in
V3.1.2.0.  A client change was not required.

The bottom line regarding ADSM client Y2K compatibility is, as IBM has said for
awhile (since V1, I think), if the underlying client operating system is Y2K
compatible, pretty much all versions of the ADSM client will also be compatible.

Dennis Schaffer
Mutual of Omaha

Andy Carlson <andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT ORG> on 04/05/99 02:34:38 PM