ADSM-L

Re: Client Owner Admin Id

1999-04-01 17:19:53
Subject: Re: Client Owner Admin Id
From: Dennis Haas <dhaas AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 17:19:53 -0500
Bo,

This is a new "feechur" of ADSM Server version 3.1.2.1 and higher.  When
you register a node, you will need to include the
USERID=NODE parameter if you do not wish to have this ID created.  As for
the "client owner" privilege class, I cut the following from the output of
'help grant authority' command:

  Owner
                    Specifies that you want to grant client owner authority
                    to a user with the node privilege class. A user with
                    client owner authority can access a web backup-archive
                    client through the web client interface and also access
                    their data from another client using the -NODENAME
                    parameter.

Hope this helps,

Dennis Haas
IBM Global Services - St. Louis Mo.