ADSM-L

Re: Pending to Empty

1999-04-01 14:22:23
Subject: Re: Pending to Empty
From: Tom Bell <tom.bell AT WAII DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 13:22:23 -0600
I face exactly this situation and solve it by manually issuing "DEL VOL"
commands for those volumes I want to move to EMPTY before they reach the
end of their pending time.  Pending volumes will go to empty state
"shortly" after the time determined by adding the reuse delay to the
time the volume went pending.  I've generally seen this switch to empty
happen within 15 minutes.

--
Tom Bell                                    tom.bell AT westgeo DOT com
Tom Bell                                    tom.bell AT westgeo DOT com