ADSM-L

Re: Problem with Exchange backup

1999-04-01 10:33:11
Subject: Re: Problem with Exchange backup
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 09:33:11 -0600
     Double check the client's TCPCLIENTPORT setting... TCP/IP port number
     of your client node. Used only with the  SCHEDULE command when
     SCHEDMODE is PROMPTED.

Subject: Problem with Exchange backup
Author:  Andrea.Yager (Andrea.Yager AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM) at unix,mime
Date:    4/1/99 8:38 AM

Has anyone seen this?

We're running V3.1.06 on an NT server V4.0 SP3 backing up Exchange.  When
looking at the Activity Log on the backup server we get the following error:
ANR8214E

We're able to push a backup but are unable to run nightly scheduled backups.
I checked the Messages book V3 for a possible explanation but the User
Response described doesn't make much sense...  It suggests to ensure that
the specified remote system is operational and properly configured to run
TCP/IP.  If it wasn't we wouldn't be able to push a backup, would we???

Can anyone shed any light on this?  Greatly appreciated!

~Andrea H. Yager
Enterprise Storage Management/ADSM
(603)431-8400 ext. 55421
SDN#8-435-5421