ADSM-L

Re: DSM / DSMC with autof and lofs Loopback filesystem

1999-03-31 13:50:52
Subject: Re: DSM / DSMC with autof and lofs Loopback filesystem
From: Klaus Steinberger <Klaus.Steinberger AT PHYSIK.UNI-MUENCHEN DOT DE>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 20:50:52 +0200
On Thu, Mar 25, 1999 at 08:21:29AM -0800, Thomas A. La Porte wrote:
> What version of the client are you using?
3.1.06 on IRIX, the unsuported native Linux Version, and 3.1.0.6 on HP/UX.

> We've found that using the VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT option works for us,
> using SGI client (PTF 5 and 6). The VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT is made on
> the mountpoint directory (in your case /home/xxx). We then create
> a domain statement in the options file for each of the
> VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT entries.
It did not work for me, I tried Virtualmountpoint, as well as domain,
and also the followsymbolic option. Nothing helps.

> When you use this method, you end up with each home directory as
> a separate filespace, which turns out to be a benefit for us as
That would be Ok for me too, as I have /home/group/user, and I
want to see /home/group as filespaces (the mountpoints are on this level).

For example, I have the following in the dms.sys file on a machine (stripped
down):

defaultserver           homes

Servername local
...... some options for local node

Servername homes
tcpserveraddress        xxxxx
tcpport                 xxxxx

nodename                global.physik.uni
passwordaccess          generate
inclexcl                /usr/adsm/etc/dsm.excl.homes
schedlogretention   14
schedmode           prompted
schedlogname        /var/adm/dsmsched.log.homes
virtualmountpoint       /scratch/etphp01

And in dsm.opt.homes (which is called by a wrapper script):

tapeprompt          no
followsymbolic  yes
domain  /scratch/etphp01

"bdf -l" shows the following:

/dev/vg00/lvol9     262144  214676   44535   83% /export/scratch/etphp01
/export/scratch/etphp01
                    262144  214676   44535   83% /scratch/etphp01

In "dsm" I /export/scratch/etphp01 in the local filespaces, but I do not
see it as /scratch/export (also not in the network filespaces). The latter
is the one I want of course, as from other machines this will be seen
in this way. The global.physik.uni node is seen on any of our machines,
and the user should see their files in the same filespace regardless on
which machine they login.

Sincerely,
Klaus

--
Klaus Steinberger               Beschleunigerlabor der TU und LMU Muenchen
Klaus Steinberger               Beschleunigerlabor der TU und LMU Muenchen