ADSM-L

Re: ## Access denied when restoring NT files.

1999-03-30 17:25:34
Subject: Re: ## Access denied when restoring NT files.
From: "Louie, James" <LouieJ AT NABISCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 17:25:34 -0500
We had a similar experience restoring from an NT 3.1.2.13 server using a
3.1.0.5 NT client.  A full disk restore left did not restore quite a number
of files, generating similar error messages.  Can anyone from IBM confirm
that this fixtest will solve this problem?

From the readme for the latest NT client fixtest:

Fixtest 6Q,  IC22732   PULLDOWN MENUS ( FILE  EDIT  ACTIONS  UTILITIES     *
*                        AND  HELP ) DO NOT OPEN UNDER WINNT 3.51 WITH
*
*                        3.1.0.6 ADSM CLIENT
*
*
*
*              IC22780   Mac volume permissions on NT are not all restored
*
*                        when the Mac volume is set to read only.
*
*
*
*              IC22800   Access denied restoring NTFS security attributes on
*
*                        files and permissions are not restored correctly on
*
*                        NT client.

Thanks - James Louie, Nabisco