ADSM-L

Re: AFS or DFS anyone?

1999-03-30 09:39:21
Subject: Re: AFS or DFS anyone?
From: Fredrik Lundholm <exce7 AT CE.CHALMERS DOT SE>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 16:39:21 +0200
Hello,

> Some days ago I posted here a problem which I think must startle all AFS
> or DFS sites that use ADSM. I got one (!) reply of one large site who,
> just like us, now feel forced to contemplate switching to another
> backup/archive system. All others remained silent. Is it indeed so that
> AFS or DFS is used only by a few weirdos like us?

No we chosed ADSM soley for the assumed DCE/DFS support. :)
We will migrate to DCE/DFS later this year. Problems: we are a
mixed solaris / NT establishment.
The ADSM server is also our file-server. (Big solaris box)
We really need an DFS aware solaris client :)
The prospect of getting a single AIX-box to rout all backups through is
really hilarious.
No we don't use the archive feature.

/wfr/
--