ADSM-L

DRM and Server Performance?

1999-03-29 15:39:44
Subject: DRM and Server Performance?
From: "Glass, Peter" <Peter.K.Glass AT NORWEST DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 14:39:44 -0600
Can anyone tell me whether starting DRM on ADSM-MVS can impact performance
on the Server? We just turned on DRM over the weekend. Now, the Server
appears to be using a LOT of CPU memory, with little to show for it-almost
as though something is looping. All we have running are 4 Migration tasks
(Migrating from Level 1 Random Access to Level 2 Sequential), and they've
been grinding away for 5 hours, and still have a long way to go before they
finish doing what they can normally complete in just 3 hours. Could DRM be
the culprit?
Regards,
Peter Glass
Norwest Services, Inc.