ADSM-L

Re: Moving DB

1999-03-26 14:25:27
Subject: Re: Moving DB
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:25:27 -0500
>Tom, Jim, Richard,
>
>Thanks.  I tried that once, but probably under V2R1, and it didn't work,
>which is why I used the other way.  One more question.  After I define the
>new DB files, do I EXTEND the DB, or just DEL DBV on each fragment I want
>to get rid of?

It sure works under V2R1 - I've used it several times thereunder.
The key is to have the new volume(s) give you new space to hold all that is on
the volume being deleted and retired, so you may have to extend the database,
at least temporarily.  ADSM will certainly let you know if you don't have
enough space when you attempt it.
   Richard Sims, BU