ADSM-L

Re: RS/6000 connectivity to a 3590

1999-03-26 11:20:08
Subject: Re: RS/6000 connectivity to a 3590
From: Bruce Elrick <belrick AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:20:08 -0700
3590 is ALWAYS SCSI attached.  A 3590 attached to a mainframe via ESCON is
really
using an A00 controller in between, which is really an RS/6000 (C20?) with a
SCSI
F/W differential card to attach the 3590 and an ESCON card to uplink to the
mainframe, with some custom software running on AIX to make it behave like a
mainframe controller.

Cheers...
Bruce

--