ADSM-L

Move Data performance on co-located storage pools

1999-03-26 10:43:51
Subject: Move Data performance on co-located storage pools
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 07:43:51 -0800
Hello:
I've notice that when I move data or reclaim data for my offsite
storage pools, My processing rate is about 60% faster than when
moving data on a primary co-located volume.

My co-located volumes only have data from a single node, so only
requires one input tape mount and one output tape mount.

My copy pool processing normally requires about 15 to 20 input
tape mounts and one output tape. (And mounts are slow on our library)

Does anyone know why processing is so much slower on a co-located
volume?

WindowsNT Ver 3.1.2.13, but noticed the same performance before
upgrading
from Ver. 3.1.1.2