ADSM-L

Re: OS/390 Expiration Fix

1999-03-26 08:19:46
Subject: Re: OS/390 Expiration Fix
From: Jim Hood <Jim.Hood AT SMED DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 08:19:46 -0500
Katherine,

We are running 3.1.2.1 under OS/390 2.6.  PTF UQ23882 addressed the
expiration date problem for ADSM/MVS and deleted a significant amount of
backlogged entries (and consequently plenty of tape storage space).  The
fixtest, as I understand it, addresses version control.    For the
impatient, the fixtest is available to help resolve this problem if you can
indeed determine what relief will come from it (e.g., you know you will get
"n" tapes reclaimed and therefore can defer any new media acquistions).
For the rest of the "patient" commercial OS/390 shops, some may be more
inclined to allow the fixtest to break itself in elsewhere and apply the
PTF later as part of normal their normal maintenance upgrade process.

Jim Hood, SMS, Malvern, PA

Hello,
We are running the MVS server at level 3.1.2.8.  I believe this level is
affected by the expire inventory bug.  We have been told by the support
center that no fix (except in the form of a fixtest) is yet available to
correct this problem.  Can anyone enlighten me about this?  I can not
believe that all you commercial OS/390 shops are still waiting patiently
for
a fix to this.

We are moving our ADSM from a VM system to the MVS OS/390 system.  Waiting
for a solution to this is greatly impairing our ability to complete the
conversion.

Thanks for any help,
Kathy

Katherine Faella                                      (401) 874-4469
Senior Technical Programmer
Technical and Operational Services
048 Tyler Hall
Kingston, RI  02881                                  kmf AT uri DOT edu