ADSM-L

Antwort: I: ADSMConnect Agent for Lotus Notes - Automatedway to check success of backup

1999-03-26 01:56:07
Subject: Antwort: I: ADSMConnect Agent for Lotus Notes - Automatedway to check success of backup
From: Sabine Rettenberger <Sabine.Rettenberger AT WOLF-HEIZTECHNIK DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 07:56:07 +0100
Yes, i have one.

I programmed a Visual-Basic-Programm which reads all DSMSCHED.LOG`S und
LOG.DSM`S  from all clients and tells me in a single output all errors
which appeared.
It`s allows individually customizing.

In a second window you can see the start-time, the duration, the amount of
bytes saved, the amount of documents saved and the amount of failures.
I write a warning-message, if a client saves 0 MB of data.

Also it writes a statistic-dataset. So i can make a trend-statistic of each
client.

If somebody is interested to try my programm, i would think about to make a
trial-version and a little description for you.

I have much more ideas to integrate. But now it`s already a very big help
for my daily work.

Before i don't check that a try-and-buy-licence was expired !!!
There is no comment in the adsm-server-activity-log and the
Backup-client-event was marked as "completed".
Now I`m sure, that this can't happen again to me.

Sabine Rettenberger

Sabine.rettenberger AT wolf-heiztechnik DOT de