ADSM-L

ADSM Novell full backup on client upgrade

1999-03-25 11:55:27
Subject: ADSM Novell full backup on client upgrade
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 10:55:27 -0600
We just installed ADSM 3.1.0.6 on a new Novell client    and copied an
older machine's data to the new box.  The new box has the same directory
structure and the same name as the old box.
The first backup of the new box appears to be full.  It's backing up every
file.
Anyone seen this before with ADSM V3 and Novell?
We haven't,   though I remember  win32 clients having this problem with an
ADSM upgrade ages ago.
I can't figure out what ADSM thinks has changed.   I've been told
permissions/file rights haven't changed, but (for you netware gurus)  if
they had does ADSM re-backup the file?
Thanks,
Julie