ADSM-L

Re: EBU / Oracle connect agent

1999-03-25 03:17:44
Subject: Re: EBU / Oracle connect agent
From: Arshad Munir <arshadmunir AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 00:17:44 PST
Hello Thiha,

I do not think that there is any problem with the size
of the tablespace, because I am taking an offline backup
& just after taking the backup I am restoring it. The strange
thing for me is that it worked for the first time, as we are
testing EBU/Oracle conect agent.
First I tried restoring a full offline backup without
control files & it worked, I was able to bring up the
database.
Second test, I used the same backup this time restoring with
control files & it started failing on this RVSD, Though I
can restore the rest of tablespaces without any error.
I rebuilt the database, took backup again tried restoration
again & it failed, there is no error on ADSM side.
Is there any thing I am missing or there is any problem.
Neither can I see any error from RVSD in AIX. The other
tablespaces are also VSD/HSD & I do not have any problem
with those tablespaces, though the are much bigger than
this table.

Can you help me here.

Thanks in advance

Arshad Munir