ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:46:04

Kenton,
Try the below URL. It may provide the additional information that you're seeking. Print out the FAQ too.

FYI,
All tape management, save and restore request and save scheduling is managed at the AS/400 and from BRMS/400, not through the ADSM Server software. Once configured the BRMS/400 product will view the ADSM Server as just another "tape device".

Your SAVSYS and/or any subset of it must be done outside of the ADSM client API. Only *ALLUSR libraries can be saved with the ADSM client API.

Good luck!

Keep us all posted of any pitfalls and/or tips.

SHC

http://www.as400.ibm.com/service/brms/adsmclnt.htm.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenton Maguire [mailto:Kent_Maguire AT ALLIANZLIFE DOT COM]
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 1999 1:04 PM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: AS/400 BRMS ADSM Client

We're currently in the early stages of configuring our AS/400 as an ADSM client.
This is being accomplished by combining the AS/400 BRMS product and the
ADSM API for AS/400 (a.k.a.  IBM's prescribed method).  I'd appreciate any
experiences anyone may have regarding the use of these products, specifically:
which product is responsible for scheduling backups and which manages the
version/retention/expiration of files.  Also, any information on published
documentation (in addition what is shipped with BRMS) i.e., Hints/Tips would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

- Kenton Maguire
Allianz Life No. America