ADSM-L

AS/400 BRMS ADSM Client

1999-03-24 13:04:22
Subject: AS/400 BRMS ADSM Client
From: Kenton Maguire <Kent_Maguire AT ALLIANZLIFE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:04:22 -0600
We're currently in the early stages of configuring our AS/400 as an ADSM client.
This is being accomplished by combining the AS/400 BRMS product and the
ADSM API for AS/400 (a.k.a.  IBM's prescribed method).  I'd appreciate any
experiences anyone may have regarding the use of these products, specifically:
which product is responsible for scheduling backups and which manages the
version/retention/expiration of files.  Also, any information on published
documentation (in addition what is shipped with BRMS) i.e., Hints/Tips would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Kenton Maguire
Allianz Life No. America