ADSM-L

Re: 3494 Library Problems

1999-03-24 12:33:20
Subject: Re: 3494 Library Problems
From: DAVID HENDRIX <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:33:20 -0700
If you have not assigned separate category numbers for scratch and private
volumes for eah server, you have effectively hosed yourself.

Rule of thumb: if you share libraries between hosts, never share
categories.

You're gonna have a bugger of a time changing those cats, since the device
classes, drives and libraries are intertwined (not to mention the
assignment of devclasses to storage pools).

Externally, you'll have to use mtlib to change the cats based on a list
from the q libv command (shows priv and scratch vols).

Note that if this is the case, each server sees the same number and more
dangerously, the same volsers as scratch vols.

It's fixable, but I wouldn't want to be there when it happens...

David Hendrix
dmhendri AT fedex DOT com

"McNamara, Sean" <sean.mcnamara AT LMCO DOT COM> on 03/24/99 09:03:09 AM