ADSM-L

Re: ADSM and Oracle - File Expiration

1999-03-24 11:23:43
Subject: Re: ADSM and Oracle - File Expiration
From: George Rae/TMI <George.Rae AT TELUS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:23:43 -0700
Scott ...
Bruce Elrick has it pretty well nailed. Like you, we had a buildup of SQL-BT
backups, but for a different reason. Changing the retain versions didn't
clear them 'cause Bruce had set the versions properly to begin with. We are
running SQL-Backtrack 3.0.40 with OBSI-ADSM 2.2.1 by the way.

If it helps, the BMC Support web site makes reference to an adsm_del utility
you can drop down from a BMC ftp site and use to explicitly delete backup
files from ADSM. Look for BMC Failure ID 60816 Resolution ID 16384. It's a
tad convoluted to set up; a bit of awk scripting helps if you have a lot of
extra backup files. But it works. The utility may be little known; one BMC
support individual I talked to didn't know it existed.