ADSM-L

Re: INCLEXCL : DIRS not taken in MGMT class

1999-03-22 22:10:27
Subject: Re: INCLEXCL : DIRS not taken in MGMT class
From: Bruce Elrick <belrick AT HOME DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 20:10:27 -0700
Actually...

Backups of directories (permissions, ownership, & ACLs) are bound to the
mgmtclass with the longest backup copy group retain-extra parameter, unless you
use the dirmc option.  That option does not affect what mgmtclass archives of
directories get bound to.

You can confirm this by doing a select from the backups table; look for objects
that are directories and see what mgmtclass they are bound to.

Cheers...
Bruce

--
Bruce Elrick, Ph.D.