ADSM-L

DSMC I - via batch - Is a 0 retrun code valid?

1999-03-22 19:56:27
Subject: DSMC I - via batch - Is a 0 retrun code valid?
From: Peter Griffin <Peter.Griffin AT ZURICH.COM DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 10:56:27 +1000
Because the backups of our clients are dependant on other tasks and
resources we do all our scheduling via an external scheduler (ECS).

I run a simple script to backup the client which basically issues the DSMC
I command and exits with the rc

My concern is that there is an error in the backup (ANS1802E Incremental
backup of '/opt/adsm' finished with 1 failure ) and yet the script ends
rc=0.

Is my script too simple? Does anyone do anything similar and has some
method to track these errors?

/usr/adsm/dsmc i

STATUS=$?
echo $STATUS