ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:46:04
We have been looking at starting the next step in moving forward with ADSM and
that is to implement copy storage pools. I think I understand conceptionally
how they work, but I am having trouble with the details/implementation. Here
are my statements/questions which I would like to have clear before I proceed:

1) Can the copy I make be to the same tape drive that currently houses my
primary tape storage pool?

2) I must have enough tapes to make a copy of the disk storage and at lease
equal to the number of tapes with data on them in my tape storage pool. Is this
correct?

3) After I finishing making a backup, how do I know which tapes to take
off-site after the copy has completed?

4) Let's assume that I always want to have the prior days backup off site. So
what I really need is two sets of tapes (at a minimum). One will be off-site
and the other on-site read to do the days backup. Is this correct?

5) As I understand it, this is not an incremental process, it is a complete
copy of disk and tape storage pools. When I bring the tapes from off-site, what
must I do to ready them for use again?

6) What other alternatives (if any) are there for having an off-site copy of
the data?

I am sure other questions will come to mind based upon your feedback, but I
will ask them as they come. Thanks for your help!

Don Burdette