ADSM-L

Re: Moving a Node from one Library to another

1999-03-19 15:54:41
Subject: Re: Moving a Node from one Library to another
From: Bo Ossinger <ossinger AT WSU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 12:54:41 -0800
We're doing the same thing currently, from 3570 libs into a 3575.  When you
have only one node's backups on a tape, just a MOVE DATA (using the STGPOOL
parm) is the most efficient method.  Unfortunately, our storage is so
fragmented that we usually have several nodes sharing each tape.  In that
case, the EXPORT/IMPORT process has worked well to move one node at a time.

At 03:40 PM 3/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>We are currently running ADSM 3.1.1.5 on AIX 4.2.1.
>
>Have (2) StorageTek 9710s.
>
>We recently installed our second 9710 and would like to move some Client
>Nodes from one library to the other.
>
>We have a large number of nodes in one storage pool but in different
>Domains and would like to extract them from there current storage pool into
>another, along with all of the backed-up data/history.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this can be accomplished with
>the lest amount of pain.
>
>You help, as always, is appreciated.
>
>Guy  LaCreta   -    McKinsey & Co

Bo R. Ossinger                 phone: 509-335-0920
Washington State University    fax:   509-335-6635,,,50920
Information Technology         mailto:ossinger AT wsu DOT edu
Production Support Systems     http://www.wsu.edu/prod_supp/Pss.html
PO Box 641222
Pullman, WA  99164-1222