ADSM-L

UNIX restore/query client command line commands

1999-03-19 09:50:26
Subject: UNIX restore/query client command line commands
From: Karen Krowzack <Karen.M.Krowzack AT UCM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 08:50:26 -0600
I want put together a list of a variety of UNIX client command line examples
for the Unix admins in my group.  The GUI is very nice, but can be more
slower and more dependent on access to a GUI environement - and when we get
emergency restore requests, time is valuable.   Command line syntax is VERY
picky.  The ADSM client manuals are SADLY lacking in enough examples. Before
I re-invent a wheel, does anyone already have documented dozens of examples
of dsmc UNIX commands that I can start with?  (restore of file systems,
directories, files only, directories only, PIT restore, etc etc etc,
restores where client1's data is restored to client2, etc).

Just trying to save myself sometime - it's a fun little project, but it
competes with dozens of other fun little projects I've got going.  Thanks