ADSM-L

Re: ADSM for AFS and DFS

1999-03-19 04:44:45
Subject: Re: ADSM for AFS and DFS
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 10:44:45 +0100
Hello,
I assume you are talking about HSM for native DFS Filesystems (aka LFS
or Episode file systems). To my knowledge the necessary interface (I
think it is called DMAPI) is developed and offered by Transarc, not
IBM.
We run HSM on a local Filesystem (jfs) which is exported to DFS. There
are a few glitches. It is difficult to de-export the filesystem from
DFS, e.g. for shutdown. Except for this it works well.
Best regards
Gerhard

---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany