ADSM-L

Re: Netware backups of the NDS

1999-03-17 13:12:02
Subject: Re: Netware backups of the NDS
From: ROBERT OTT <Robert.Ott AT TLC.STATE.TX DOT US>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 12:12:02 -0600
Nathan,

Our Netware guys run a dump of the NDS and then back up the file that it
got dumped to.  They say, however, that in all likelihood they will
never use it.  Instead they would rebuild a server and get the tree from
another server.  The only time they would ever use the backed up copy is
if they lost every single box on the tree.

Hope this helped.

Robert

>>> "Norrgard, Nathan" <NNorrgard AT LIBERTY-BANK DOT COM> 03/17 11:12 AM >>>
I'll start by saying that I do not know a great deal of Netware 4.x or
higher.  I was a 3.12 administrator some years back, but have only
recently
been exposed to 4.11

My question is:

On a Novell 4.11 client, how do I back up the NDS?  I have tried to
include
it in the DOMAIN comment in the dsm.opt like this,

domain sys bindery nds

...but it fails.

Help?

Nathan J. Norrgard