ADSM-L

Re: mountwait not being used

1999-03-17 12:06:34
Subject: Re: mountwait not being used
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 12:06:34 -0500
The original problem was that the gripper would place a tape in the drive,
but not far enough in to be loaded.  The 3494 console showed the mount
request in the queue.  ADSM showed a mount request.  The tape drive in
particular showed "busy" when I used the mtlib command against it.
Otherwise the library was fully functional.  All other tape requests were
being processed.  I left the process running for 72 hours (decided to wait
till the weekend was over and I was back in the office), and ADSM was still
patiently waiting for the tape mount.