ADSM-L

mountwait not being used

1999-03-17 10:02:31
Subject: mountwait not being used
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 10:02:31 -0500
On Monday, I mentioned that adsm wasn't following the mountwait parameter
when I was having problems with my 3494.  Well, the CE was called yesterday
and shortly after the call the 3494 failed completely.  It ended up being a
problem with the gripper and a part was replaced.

I talked to ADSM support this morning, and they said that the mount request
should have timed out.  They agree there's something that's not working
correctly in ADSM.  If it happens again, level 2 will provide traces that
should help pinpoint the problem.  So, if it happens to anyone else on this
list, please report it to IBM support and let the rest of us know what
happened.

Thanks to everyone who commented, offered suggestions, or just commiserated.

Tina Hilton
Thomson Consumer Electronics
Systems Software
317-587-4292