ADSM-L

Determining what has been backed up

1999-03-16 22:56:05
Subject: Determining what has been backed up
From: Anthony Doig <anthony.doig AT OPENTECH.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:56:05 +1300
G'day,

[ potentially dumb question - I've poked around myself but cannot find the
answer ]

I would like to determine what files and directories were backed up for a
particular client backup session.  I can run the "query actlog
originator=client ..." command and get detailed statistics on backup
sessions, but I want to know what files were processed by each client
session.  I could run a SQL query to find what was backed up for a
particular session/node between the start/end times for each client session,
but this would not work if a client has multiple sessions running ...

Is this possible at the server end, or would I need to go and look at log
files at the client ??  I would rather handle it all at the server.

The client session could be started either via the ADSM scheduler or
externaly/manually from the client end.

I'm using an ADSM v3.1.1.0 server on HP/UX 10.20 and an ADSM v3.1.0.3 server
on NT v4.0 (NT/UNIX clients).

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Anthony
--