ADSM-L

Oracle Backups using ADSM

2015-10-04 17:46:04
Subject: Oracle Backups using ADSM
From: Kuan, Amy M[SMTP:kuanam AT TEXACO DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello all,

We are in the process of installing and testing ADSM and I am suppose to
test Oracle database backup and recovery.  I don't know much about ADSM, =
I'm
an Oracle DBA.  IBM's redbook on the subject of backing up databases
suggests essentially what we are currently doing for backups, except =
that
we're using Legato.  So, I changed the script to issue the ADSM archive
command instead and that works fine.  Both, the ADSM server and client =
are
AIX.  I am also suppose to test the Oracle Connect Agent.

My problem is this.  The ADSM project lead insists that all backups must =
be
initiated by ADSM server.  He does not want any requests coming from the
client.  Is the Oracle Connect Agent my only choice then?  Or can ADSM's
scheduler initiate a remote job?  Any information would be helpful.

Thanks...........Amy