ADSM-L

Re: IBM Network Storage Manger (3466)?

1999-03-16 03:30:14
Subject: Re: IBM Network Storage Manger (3466)?
From: "Mauro M. Tinelli" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 09:30:14 +0100
Pat,

        I started an year ago with 3466 configured with a 3575 library L32, I
now trying to deploy this one in a smaller site and getting a 2nd 3466
with C00, 4 ways and a 3494 library, and I'm rather happy.

        I liked the idea of single box, although at times I cry out for more
flexibility in upgrades both hardware and software, for example:

I'm still waiting for the 3.2.1 version of ADSM to be release for the
  NSM. You shouldn't upgrade a new version when released.

C00 comes with 4 CPUs, 512 MBytes of memory, and 2 SCSI.
  Apparently you cannot plug-in another SCSI or simply add memory ... ?

Ciao Mauro