ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Disaster Recovery

1999-03-15 08:14:35
Subject: Re: ADSM Disaster Recovery
From: "Agnew, Doug" <dagnew AT CHARLOTTEPIPE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 08:14:35 -0500
I don't plan to EVER to a database restore...

BUT --- If I lose my ADSM database server, the best I can recover to is the
LATEST backup.  Until ADSM provides an ability to copy the logs and apply
logs to a backup, even if another backup was taken (and lost) between the
backup used and the latest log (like any other NORMAL database does), I want
to take backups FREQUENTLY --- like every few hours. AND push those backups
offsite ASAP.  That probably means I'll be using two ADSM servers, and doing
S2S backups.

Doug Agnew