ADSM-L

Problems with Win32 client service install...

2015-10-04 17:46:03
Subject: Problems with Win32 client service install...
From: Robinson, Cris
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Has anyone run into the following problem:

I am Installing the ADSM Scheduler service with the following command:

C:\program files\ibm\adsm\baclient\dsmcutil install /name:"ADSM Scheduler
Service" /node:LMIG-ADSM-WEB    /password:client /autostart:yes

It appears to fail when the service tries to start. here is the screen
output and the Event Log message:

ADSM Windows NT Client Service Configuration Utility
Command Line Interface Version 2.00.b
Last Updated Nov 18 1998

Command: Install ADSM Client Service
Machine: LMIG-ADSM-WEB (Local Machine)

Installing ADSM Client Service:

       Machine          : LMIG-ADSM-WEB
       Service Name     : adsm Scheduler Service
       Client Directory : C:\Program Files\IBM\ADSM\baclient
       Automatic Start  : Yes
       Logon Account    : LocalSystem

The service was successfully installed.

Creating Registry Keys ...

Updated registry value 'ImagePath' .
Updated registry value 'EventMessageFile' .
Updated registry value 'TypesSupported' .
Updated registry value 'OptionsFile' .
Updated registry value 'EventLogging' .
Updated registry value 'ClientNodeName' .
Updated registry value 'ADSMClientKey' .

Generating registry password ...
Authenticating password with ADSM for node LMIG-ADSM-WEB ....

Connecting to ADSM Server via client options file 'C:\Program
Files\IBM\ADSM\baclient\dsm.opt' ...

Password authentication successful.

The Registry password for node LMIG-ADSM-WEB has been updated .

Starting the 'adsm Scheduler Service' service ...

StartService: Win32 RC = 193.

Event Viewer Log:

The ADSM Scheduler Service service failed to start due to the following
error:
%1 is not a valid Windows NT application.

Any Ideas? I've installed to half a dozen other NT servers with a problem
until the last three.

Thanks -
Cris Robinson
Sr. Technical Analyst
Enterprise Storage Management / ADSM
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
603.431.8400.54837
mailto:cris.robinson AT libertymutual DOT com

Dilbert words of Wisdom:
Accept that some days you're the pigeon,
and some days you're the statue!