ADSM-L

Re: Problems with Win32 client service install...

1999-03-10 17:57:01
Subject: Re: Problems with Win32 client service install...
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:57:01 -0800
Hi Cris,

Try using dsmcutil remove to delete the scheduler service,
then recreate it just as you did except add the following
parameter:

/clientdir:c:\progra~1\ibm\adsm\baclient

See if that makes any difference.

For some reason the blank space in the directory
name hoses some folks. Why we do not yet know, as it
works just fine on my system. But this circumvention
should work alright.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

Has anyone run into the following problem:

I am Installing the ADSM Scheduler service with the following command:

C:\program files\ibm\adsm\baclient\dsmcutil install /name:"ADSM Scheduler
Service" /node:LMIG-ADSM-WEB    /password:client /autostart:yes

It appears to fail when the service tries to start. here is the screen
output and the Event Log message:

ADSM Windows NT Client Service Configuration Utility
Command Line Interface Version 2.00.b
Last Updated Nov 18 1998

Command: Install ADSM Client Service
Machine: LMIG-ADSM-WEB (Local Machine)

Installing ADSM Client Service:

       Machine          : LMIG-ADSM-WEB
       Service Name     : adsm Scheduler Service
       Client Directory : C:\Program Files\IBM\ADSM\baclient
       Automatic Start  : Yes
       Logon Account    : LocalSystem

The service was successfully installed.

Creating Registry Keys ...

Updated registry value 'ImagePath' .
Updated registry value 'EventMessageFile' .
Updated registry value 'TypesSupported' .
Updated registry value 'OptionsFile' .
Updated registry value 'EventLogging' .
Updated registry value 'ClientNodeName' .
Updated registry value 'ADSMClientKey' .

Generating registry password ...
Authenticating password with ADSM for node LMIG-ADSM-WEB ....

Connecting to ADSM Server via client options file 'C:\Program
Files\IBM\ADSM\baclient\dsm.opt' ...

Password authentication successful.

The Registry password for node LMIG-ADSM-WEB has been updated .

Starting the 'adsm Scheduler Service' service ...

StartService: Win32 RC = 193.

Event Viewer Log:

The ADSM Scheduler Service service failed to start due to the following
error:
%1 is not a valid Windows NT application.

Any Ideas? I've installed to half a dozen other NT servers with a problem
until the last three.

Thanks -
Cris Robinson
Sr. Technical Analyst
Enterprise Storage Management / ADSM
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
603.431.8400.54837
mailto:cris.robinson AT libertymutual DOT com

Dilbert words of Wisdom:
Accept that some days you're the pigeon,
and some days you're the statue!