ADSM-L

Can't see the Virtualmountpoint from the GUI

1999-03-10 15:58:28
Subject: Can't see the Virtualmountpoint from the GUI
From: "Norman W. Russell" <nrussell AT BTV.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:58:28 -0500
   Got an interesting question from a customer who was trying to
archive AFS files to ADSM using the GUI. Knowing that /afs is not a
locally mounted filesystem, I put a VIRTUALMOUNTPOINT statement in
the dsm.sys file on the customer machine and restarted the ADSM
Backup/Archive Client GUI. I am unable to see the virtualmountpoint
path listed under local or network filespaces, therfore cannot specify
the AFS directory path to archive.
   Can someone enlighten me as to what I'm overlooking?
   The ADSM client is 3.1.0.5 with AIX 4.2.1.

   I appreciate the help.

Norm Russell

Norm Russell, IBM Microelectronics, Distributed Computing Services
Norm Russell, IBM Microelectronics, Distributed Computing Services
IBM e-mail: nrussell AT btv.ibm DOT com  Internet e-mail: nrussell AT us.ibm
DOT com
Tel: 802-769-4088 (tie: 446), Fax: 802-769-4253 (tie: 446)