ADSM-L

Primary Storage Pool Recovery

2015-10-04 17:46:03
Subject: Primary Storage Pool Recovery
From: Phil Chissell [SMTP:phil.chissell AT NATPOWER DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
All

We are undertaking a mock disaster recovery test (ADSM V3 on NT).

After retrieving the copy storage pool tapes from offsite, I believe the
process is to mark all our primary tape volumes as "destroyed" and then
issue a "restore stgpool" command to rebuild our primary storage pool.

My question is this; is it possible to start restoring clients directly
from the copy storage pool or do we HAVE to restore the primary storage
pool first.  The issue being restoring the storage pool can potentially
take a long time before we can even begin to restore any clients.

Cheers for any help.

Regards

Phil

Phil Chissell
ISD Infrastructure Development
National Power plc
Windmill Hill Business Park
Whitehill Way
Swindon
Wilts. SN5 6PB
UK

Tel:  +44 (0)1793 894237
Fax: +44 (0)1793 894891
MailTo:phil.chissell AT natpower DOT com