ADSM-L

Re: adsmpipe command support or tested with adsmV3 - need answer! !!!

1999-03-09 08:11:52
Subject: Re: adsmpipe command support or tested with adsmV3 - need answer! !!!
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 08:11:52 -0500
Does anyone know offhand if it is possible to pie the output of programs
such as dd, tar, cpio thru ADSMPIPE to the adsm server?  We are thinking
about this as a faster way of backing up filesystems in excess of 1million
files.

Also, where can I find a copy of ADSMPIPE and documentation?  Is it on the
FTP site?

Thanks,

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,