ADSM-L

Re: Betr: Expiration of DBBackup volumes

1999-03-08 07:40:42
Subject: Re: Betr: Expiration of DBBackup volumes
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 07:40:42 -0500
Martijn,

I was confused by this at first too.  If you look more closely at the help
for the message, you'll see that it refers to volumes created using the
server-to-server functions.  Here's the help.  The last sentence is the
important one.

Explanation:  Server roll-off processing has completed.  The number of
client
objects examined and deleted, based on management class policy, are
displayed
in the message.  A total error count is also displayed. The number of DB
backup
 volumes deleted is based on the value specified on the SET
DRMDBBACKUPEXPIREDAYS. The number of recovery plan files deleted is based on
the value specified on the SET DRMRPFEXPIREDAYS.  Server roll-off processing
deletes the DB backup volumes and recovery plan files only if DRM is
licensed
on the server and the volumes or plan files are created on the server to
server
 virtual volumes.

Tina