ADSM-L

Open File Manager... and SQL/EXCH Agents

1999-03-04 16:10:36
Subject: Open File Manager... and SQL/EXCH Agents
From: Wes Lewison <WesLewison AT WINN-DIXIE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:10:36 -0500
Has anyone used this product with ADSM (for NT)?  I was tasked with
reviewing the product for backing up our SQL and Exchange Servers... We
already have the agents SQL and EXCH, but management wants multiple backups
of everything.  (The Agents work perfectly, well.. at least when our DBA
gives us valid id's to use to backup with)
Supposedly OFM can backup 'any' file... live, even open SQL databases.  Has
there been anyone out there that uses or knows of reasons for or against
implementing such a program.  I am reminded of early implementations of
Smartdrv and Stacker with the way they 're-directed' file read/writes.

-Wes Lewison
ADSM Administrator
ADSM Administrator