ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Connect Agent for Exchange (update of prev. note)

1999-03-04 08:58:25
Subject: Re: ADSM Connect Agent for Exchange (update of prev. note)
From: Chris Zaremba <zaremba AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 08:58:25 -0500
Hans-Peter,

>While backing up the full information store (about 9GB) we always >receive
the message :
>'ANS1017E (RC-50) Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure'.

All evidence seems to indicate that there is a problem getting the data to
the ADSM server.
The server times out in a receive-wait state and the client complains of a
TCP/IP error sending
data.  I think you need to turn on a tcp/ip trace to see where in the
network the problem is
happenning.   Even though your network people say there is no problem in
the network,
they should trace the tcp/ip session to see where the packets sent by the
client are getting
hung up.

Chris Zaremba
ADSM Agent Development