ADSM-L

Re: OPEN file - ADSM V3.1 and NT client

1999-03-03 12:18:46
Subject: Re: OPEN file - ADSM V3.1 and NT client
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:18:46 -0800
NT will not allow ADSM to access open files. There are several ways to
work around.
1. If the file isn't too large, you can use the preschedule command to
copy the file,
   and backup the copy. You can use the postschedule command to erase
the copy.
2. In the case of a database file, if you have a window during which you
can
   close the database, use the preschedule command to close the
database, run the
   backup, then use the postschedule command to restart the database.
3. There are agents available that allow you to perform hot backups of
most
   popular databases.