ADSM-L

Export vs. Archive

1999-03-03 08:30:20
Subject: Export vs. Archive
From: "L. Martin Mihalic" <lmm AT MINDSPRING DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 08:30:20 -0500
Hello,
I have a new client who is doing an export server of all active files to
tape rather than doing archives.  (They are also doing full inc backups).
This might sound good for a site DR situation (?) but I would think it
would be easier to recover a server or filesystem from an archive.

Basically, I need some ammo to convince them that they should be doing
weekly or monthly archives.  Comments?  Suggestions?  Enlightenment?

TIA
--
L. Martin Mihalic
L. Martin Mihalic