ADSM-L

Re: File Expiration

1999-03-03 06:33:05
Subject: Re: File Expiration
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 06:33:05 -0500
> The expired file remains in the ADSM database until an 'expire inventroy'
> command is run.  The expiration interval (EXPInterval) is set in
> the dsmserv.opt file.  I have set mine to 0 and use an administrative
> schedule to issue the command.  That way I control the start time.

I also use an EXPInterval of 0, otherwise, expiration runs at server
startup, and every EXPInterval after that.

IBM, it would be really cool if the expire inventory command had an option
that controlled how long the command will run, so that I do not have to
"q pr" and then make an admin schedule to cancel it some hours later, or
write a script that does that work...

expire inventory quiet=no runtime=5 rununits=hours

Steve (unVMix Systems Programmer/Dude) Roder
(tkssteve AT ubvm.cc.buffalo DOT edu | tkssteve AT acsu.buffalo DOT edu |
(716)645-3564 ,